- Tax Liens
- Mobile Homes
- Small Business
- Gold, Silver and Precious Metals
Some self-directed IRAs can be set up as an LLC with checkbook-writing authority at a local bank. (I used a custodian who is no longer in business. iDirect Law took over that business, so you may want to contact them at (888) 906-4015 about how to do this.) Here is the process for opening a checkbook self-directed IRA:
- Establish an account with a Self-Directed Custodian.
- Transfer the IRA money over to the Self-Directed Custodian account.
- Provide the information needed to begin setting up the IRA/LLC.
- Set up the bank account for the IRA/LLC
- Coordinate with the Self-Directed Custodian to transfer the IRA money from the Custodian account to the LLC bank account
- Begin making offers on properties or other investments as Manager on behalf of the LLC.
Hope this is helpful!