Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Job Security

"If we would only give, just once, the same amount of reflection to what we want to get out of life, that we give to the question of what to do with two weeks vacation, we would be startled at our false standards and the aimless procession of our busy days."
   --Dorothy Canfield Fisher

Q:
I‘m concerned with vanishing jobs {as well as the vanishing value of our currency, but that’s another problem}. This instability means no one is safe . . . no corporation is immune. To help protect against lay-offs and consequent job-seeking, would Microsoft certification be of value?
--JBC, Binghamton NY 

A:
As a self-employed entrepreneur, I have been warning about over-dependence on a job - ANY job - for years. Why wouldn't people have a back-up plan at the very least, that allows them more control over their income and destiny? The wealthy do NOT rely on a job - they CREATE them. 

This is one reason I am in real estate. I have thousands of dollars coming in every month from my very small real estate portfolio, and my living costs are zero (food costs are extra, but I do not have to worry about rent/mortgage, utilities, repairs or yardwork).

There are so many options for starting a business of your own - and so many good financial reasons to do it! One of the easiest, least expensive methods is through direct sales or network marketing. I run a TRAVEL business, in addition to my real estate. No inventory, largest industry in the world, and guess what EVERYONE wants??? Helloooo!

So get whatever certification you want, but hope and pray that someone will want to pay you a living wage after you have invested lots of time and money. Or go start your own business, and quit making excuses.

That's my two cents.
Happy Investing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen! I've done both for many years. I can understand the need for perceived security but it's not worth the endless pointless meetings, politics and self congratulating ego maniacs you find in most corporation. As Jim Rohn put it so well: "Self education will make you rich. Formal education will make you a living."