Monday, September 15, 2014

Dream Test

One of the books I have just finished reading, which I would recommend to all investors and entrepreneurs, is "Put Your Dream to the Test: 10 Questions to Help You See It and Seize It" by John C. Maxwell, a NY Times best-selling author who has written many excellent books on leadership,

This book was recommended to me by Keller Williams MegaAgent Rodolfo Hernandez McIntyre, whom I admire very much as a successful entrepreneur. Originally from Mexico, he runs his own real estate brokerage in Burien, WA - and somehow has a system in place to also import food items for Trader Joe's in his spare time. He and his wife Shannon are real estate investors and world travelers. They are great leaders!

Rodolfo certainly believes in multiple streams of income and business ownership as the path to wealth. But what he subtly was suggesting to me was that I could benefit from having more clarity about my goals. How large was my vision and how specific? The book has been enormously helpful in forcing me to focus my vision more clearly.

The ten questions in the book are:
1)Is my dream really my dream?
2)Do I clearly see my dream?
3)Am I depending on factors within my control to achieve my dream?
4)Does my dream compel me to follow it?
5)Do I have a strategy to reach my dream?
6)Have I included the people I need to realize my dream?
7)Am I willing to pay the price for my dream?
8)Am I moving closer to my dream?
9)Does working toward my dream bring satisfaction?
10)Does my dream benefit others?

There are so many good quotes and inspiration in this book, that I will try to incorporate a few in my future blog posts. In the mean time, I encourage you to get the book and start dreaming BIG!

Thank you, Rodolfo!

Happy Investing!

No comments: