Basically, the script goes something like this:
- "Hi, this is Wendy Ceccherelli, from Home Land Seattle.com." (It helps to have a website with a URL that relates somehow to the type of investing you will be doing. It is inexpensive to set up, and creates instant credibility that makes you look like a big time investor).
- "I'm an investor here in Seattle (name of your city) and I was researching a house to buy on (name of street). I noticed that you had purchased a property at (address on same street)."
- "Do you still own that property?" Depending on answer, follow up with questions about their particular niche for investing.
- "What do you think of the area (where their house is located)?"
- "Hey, thank you for your time and insight (on area). It's been really helpfuI and I really appreciate it."
- "Now before I go, I do occasionally come across some bargain properties that I can't close because I am tied up on other properties. I'd be happy to return the favor and give you the inside track when I come across these. Would you mind if I gave you a shout whenever I have some properties that you might like?"
- "OK, is this the best number to reach you? or should I shoot you an email?"