Monday, June 7, 2010

Coaching Program

Since I returned from Los Angeles (and from an extended vacation for my daughter's wedding in Kauai), I have been listening to coaching group webinars and had my first coaching session with my new coach Joey Trombley. I have 30 days to try this coaching program risk-free, and I must admit that I am very impressed.

This coaching program is very thorough, very professional, and very complete. The amount of information to absorb, and to put into practice right now is a bit overwhelming. One of the great things about this program is that it takes things one step at a time. A website chock full of all the information is available, and a student like myself can go through much of it at my own pace. The live coaching calls help walk us through it all.

My first coaching call really just helped explain the system, and where to find information. It was not a waste of time, because there is so much there. In addition to the website tutorials, coaching webinars and coaching calls, I am expected to do homework and assignments in between. Not surprisingly, one of the first exercises I had to do was to complete a business profile, including my own visions for my business in the next 6 months, 12 months, 3-5 years, 10-15 years, etc.

I believe that this coaching program will not only help me be more successful in my own real estate business, but it will also help me be a better coach and mentor for the people who look to me for guidance.

While it is not inexpensive, it should pay for itself many times over, assuming I follow the directions I receive. I have been encouraged to hear how many successful people I know have included coaching in their education, including my fabulous mortgage broker, mentor and friend Carolyn Frame. So here I go! Keep checking on my blog to hear more about my progress.

No comments: