Thursday, April 26, 2007

Welcome to my real estate investing blog!

I created this blog for anyone and everyone interested in real estate investing in the Pacific Northwest, whether you are a novice or a seasoned investor, a first-time home-buyer or a serial owner, an accidental landlord or a serious real estate professional. It will be a place to share my thoughts, questions, observations, and information about the world of real estate investing, along with my own trials and tribulations.

The "About Me" blurb will provide some background as to who I am. My next post will tell you how I got involved in real estate investing and why.

Meanwhile, I'd encourage anyone reading this to please send me your comments and requests regarding topics that you would like to see addressed in this blog. If anyone wishes to share stories and examples of their own experiences in real estate investing, I'd be happy to hear and publish those as well.

To your success!
Wendy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Wendy:

What is Multiplex Solutions and Cascade Partners?

Love, Holly

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,
Congratulations on your blog!

I would like to know how to go about finding foreclosures. I know nothing about real estate. I would like to consider buying a foreclosure to either upgrade to a better/bigger house or purchase a property for rental or resale income.

Carol, Nowhere near the Pacific Northwest

Wendy Ceccherelli said...

Thank you, Holly and Carol for your questions!

Multiplex Solutions and Cascade Partners are both real estate brokers of multifamily and commercial apartments for sale in the greater Seattle area. Please see multiplexsolutions.com and cascade-partners.com for more information.

Carol, buying foreclosures and pre-foreclosures is not for the feint of heart. There are many pitfalls and potential problems--but I will respond in greater detail about those in future blogs. Meanwhile, I would highly recommend the book "The Pre-Foreclosure Property Investor's Kit," by Thomas J. Lucier, which you can buy from Amazon or look for in your public library.

There are numerous web resources on foreclosures. If you are serious about investigating this topic further, I would urge you to contact and join your local real estate investors association.

And finally, Carol, because I know of your strong Christian values, I would urge you to consider getting into this field not only for the opportunity to purchase income property, but also to help people in financial distress to overcome their plight. There are right ways and wrong ways to do this business--and unfortunately, too many scams that give investors a bad reputation. I am quite sure that someone with your moral and ethical values would be a welcome addition to this arena!
--Wendy

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,
I got the Lucier book and am reading it. Thank you for telling me about this book. It makes so much more sense to go for preforeclosures than foreclosures.

I was wondering if you know anything about www.realtytrac.com and if this is a useful site for finding preforeclosures. Have you ever heard of it? Is it legit? If it is a good site, it might save a lot of time.

Carol

Anonymous said...

wow, those are some of the most informative amazing articles I have ever read. YOu are amazing and such a gifted writer. I can hardly wait to read the next mind expanding blog.